Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Post

Hey, My name is Kristen Stringfellow. I have lived in Mobile all of my life. I graduated from Faith Academy in 2007. I'm majoring in Secondary Education and History at the University of South Alabama. When I was little I wanted to be a nurse, but after my first semester of college I decided that nursing wasn't for me. I always loved history and I want to share my passion with other students. So maybe one day they can love and appreciate it as much as I do.

I'm also a member of Alpha Omicron Pi. I absolutely love my sororiety and all of my sisters. I pledged AOII in the Fall of 2007. I was elected onto our Leadership Council shortly after I was initiated. Being a new girl in a sororiety is a great experience,but I'm so glad to be a "old girl." We had a very successful rush this year, and I am proud to say we have 27 new ladies. Being a big sister to a Kelsey is going to be a blast !

Outside of college I'm a typical 19 year old. I love to go to the beach, go shopping, and go out with my friends. I spend most of my free time, which I don't have a lot of, at the beach ! I love any type of water sport and going out on the boat. I recently started playing golf, disc golf, and tennis. They have became my new favorite sports. I'm not very athletic, but I love to play sports for fun ! I have a Jack Russell Terrier. His name is Ranger. I also love to take him to the park and running with me.

I have taken a lot of extra classes because I would like to finish college early, so i can go to grad school. As of right now I will be a junior in the spring, and I should finish a year early. I haven't decided where I want to go to grad school, but I'm looking into Ole Miss and Alabama. I am glad to be in this class, and I can't wait to get to know everyone !

4 comments:

Catherine EDM310Fall2008 said...

Good luck with school and Sorority! I kinda miss mine :(

Lauren Lewis said...

Hey Kristen. You sound like you have everything planned out for your schooling. Maybe you can teach me the ropes at south and maybe with the sorority stuff.

PhillipH said...

all that beach just keep the sunscreen on melanoma isn't fun at all I am a fan of the beach just at night I hate sand though and I'm Irish and this skin hates the sun

Christina said...

I have done the same thing with classes. I have taken so many, and I'm trying so hard to graduate early too! Good luck! :)